Thursday, October 22, 2009

Runway: I'm A rag & bone Collector


Let me count the ways I love thee rag & bone.  To me rag & bone is the perfect melding of classic british fabrics (think tweeds or heavy wools) and a wholly New York City sensibility.   Designers David Neville and Marcus Wainwright are British expats who started their line just 7 short years ago because they couldn't find a decent pair of jeans in New York.

I can't even begin to count the things I love about this collection.  The effortlessly casual look is so expertly married to the pallet of military greens and slate blues.  As I've already mentioned in previous posts I'm obsessed with both the drop crotch harem trend and fleece pants tailored like jeans.  I have scowered every example of them from Tim Hamilton men's to Fifth Avenue Shoe repair.  I am worried that the collection looks a bit heavy for spring but I guess that just means buy it in EARLY spring and wear the hell out of it until it's absolutely too hot wear them any longer.

I think it's worth being noted that looking at these outfits as pieces they are incredibly wearable.  I have a feeling this collection is going to be a sell HUGE.

No comments:

Post a Comment