Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year New Resolve! Rodarte for MEN?!

Is it true?  Can it be?  Have my beloved Sisters Mulleavy finally started designing for men?

The answer is yes and no.

The Rodarte for women's beautiful foray into broken down slightly gothic (synonym for Rodarte at this point) knitwear has found it's way over to the men.



What I really appreciate in this is that Rodarte did not make a full hearted toned down foray into menswear.  It's as if they said this is our aesthetic and we're not toning it down and making it wide market for men.  They took an inspiration they had for women and said, why can't the same woman's boyfriend put on a similar sweater?




Yet, alas with a price tag of $2760 these sweaters are far out of my price range.  They must remain a wish for 2010.  If unlike me you can afford any of these 4 offerings go immediately to Opening Ceremony and snatch one up.  We're sure they'll be gone as fast as you can say Mulleavy.

2 comments:

  1. Rodarte...why so expensive
    looking at all these expensive online department stores depresses me. I want rick owens and rodarte too!
    i don't really understand what the difference is between these and the womenswear knitwear is except that these might be larger in size...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rodarte's knitwear styles are so unique, I love the cardigan designs!

    ReplyDelete