Monday, February 22, 2010

Have: Rose-Gold Acessories

J Crew Scarf, Anthropologie Bracelet, Andrew Marc Bag

I find comfort in the beauty of little things. From a sweet note left by a friend, to a brand new notebook in your favorite color, little things can bring so much joy. And so in the darkest, coldest days of this Texas winter, I stumbled across a collection of joy-inducing accessories in a shimmering shade of rose.

It all began with the scarf. My mom gave it to me for Christmas, noting its slight metallic thread and complexion-enhancing hue. Next came the jeweled bracelet with its beautiful blush jewels that catch the light with every movement. After a week or so of obsessing over the combination, I stumbled across the bag. Buttery black leather with rose-gold hardware! How could I resist?

Though these items are just little things, material possessions at that, they have cheered me on throughout the last few weeks. And when the big things in life seem even larger than usual, I say there's not a thing wrong with turning to the little things for some simple joy.

1 comment: