Monday, November 9, 2009

Have: Corpus Harem Sweat Pants



Unless you've been living under a very un-fashion conscious rock you have heard of, subscribed to, and bought from Gilt in the recent future.  The premise of the website is both genius from a business sense and perfect for a consumer.  The website features 36 hour sales of designer clothing from current or directly preceding seasons.  From the runway Alexander McQueen to classic Ralph Lauren Purple and Black label suits, Gilt spans the spectrum.

As you all already know my current obsession is Harem pants.  Recently Gilt had a sale on Corpus a brand carried by my very favorite boutique Oak.  They featured a very now pair of harem sweat pants in grey and black.  I knew the Gods were smiling down on me.

I bought both pairs :).  As always with online shopping I feared for the fit, considering I'm 5'6 and these modes were probably 6'2.  Again the Gods were on my side.  The fit is is incredible.  I have been wearing both non stop all week.  I feel like the fact that they are dramatic pieces in basic colors give me a lot of different options for wearing them.  I have been pairing them with a simple pair of worn oxfords or loafers and a simple slim sweater or sweatshirt.

The key to wearing something like harem pants is to know that they will most likely be the focal point of your outfit and you should try to simplify the rest of the outfit with classic basics.

LONG LIVE GILT!

3 comments:

  1. If you are 5'6" and wearing those pants you must be black cause there is no other logical reason for two(2) whole feet of crotch space

    ReplyDelete
  2. how come I can send this track suit from the left side to Portugal?
    what is the price?
    says something for my MSN.
    ivo_bpc_slb@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where is it possible to buy the pants (online)? :)

    ReplyDelete